Vietnamese-style Espresso with Condensed Milk, often referred to as “Cà Phê Sữa Đá,” is a delightful and energizing drink that perfectly blends the strong kick of espresso with the sweetness of condensed milk. Here’s a simple guide on how to make this traditional Vietnamese coffee treat at home.
- Freshly brewed espresso (1-2 shots)
- Sweetened condensed milk (2-3 tablespoons)
- Ice cubes (optional)
1. Brew the Espresso:
- Start by brewing a strong shot or two of espresso. You can use an espresso machine or a Moka pot for this step.
2. Prepare the Condensed Milk:
- Measure 2 to 3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Adjust the amount based on your preferred level of sweetness.
3. Mix the Espresso and Condensed Milk:
- While the espresso is still hot, pour it directly over the condensed milk in a heat-resistant glass or cup.
4. Stir Thoroughly:
- Use a long spoon to stir the espresso and condensed milk together until they are well combined. The heat from the espresso will help dissolve the condensed milk and create a smooth, creamy texture.
5. Add Ice (Optional):
- If you prefer your coffee cold, add a handful of ice cubes to the mixture. Stir until the ice starts to melt slightly, creating a refreshing iced version of Cà Phê Sữa Đá.
6. Serve and Enjoy:
- Your Espresso with Condensed Milk is now ready to be savored. Take a moment to appreciate the rich aroma and delicious flavor of this Vietnamese coffee specialty.
- Experiment with the ratio of espresso to condensed milk to find the perfect balance for your taste buds.
- Feel free to customize the sweetness level by adjusting the amount of condensed milk used.
- For an extra touch of luxury, top your drink with a dollop of whipped cream.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the unique combination of bold espresso and sweet condensed milk in this classic Vietnamese coffee. It’s a delightful treat that’s easy to make and sure to become a favorite!