- Cooked rice (white or brown)
- Assorted vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, bell peppers, broccoli, etc.)
- Tofu or tempeh (optional, for added protein)
- Chopped garlic and ginger
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable broth or water
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped scallions or cilantro for garnish
- Optional: Cashews or peanuts for added crunch
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a bit of sesame oil.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté until fragrant.
- If using tofu or tempeh, cut it into bite-sized pieces and add it to the pan. Cook until it’s lightly browned.
- Add chopped vegetables to the pan and stir-fry until they’re slightly tender.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and crack an egg into the empty space. Scramble the egg until cooked.
- If not using egg, you can skip this step.
- Add cooked rice to the pan and mix it with the vegetables and protein.
- Pour soy sauce or tamari over the rice and mix well. Adjust the amount according to your taste.
- If you have vegetable broth or water, you can add a bit to the pan to prevent the rice from sticking and add extra flavor.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the ingredients in the pan until everything is heated through and well combined.
- Remove the pan from heat and garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro.
- If desired, sprinkle some cashews or peanuts over the top for added crunch and flavor.
- Serve the delicious vegetarian rice as a main dish or as a side to your favorite dishes.
Feel free to customize the vegetables and protein based on your preferences. Enjoy your flavorful and nutritious vegetarian rice!