- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooked white or brown rice
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the flour mixture and coat them evenly.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken pieces and cook until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and orange zest. Stir well and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add the slurry to the sauce in the skillet and stir until it thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and toss it with the orange sauce until it is well coated.
- Serve the orange chicken over a bed of cooked rice. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Enjoy your delicious Orange Chicken Rice Plate!
Note: You can also add some steamed broccoli or bell peppers to the dish for extra color and flavor. Feel free to adjust the sweetness or tanginess of the sauce to your taste by adjusting the amount of honey or rice vinegar. Enjoy!