Hue beef noodle soup is not too complicated, as long as you have enough spices and patience.
- 1 kg pork leg
- 500g oxtail or encrusted
- 300g beef corn
- 1 kg beef or pork bone
- 150g crab cakes
- 1-2 onions
- 6 onions (purple onion)
- 6 lemongrass bulbs
- 1 pineapple (pineapple)
- 3-4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons satay chili, adjust according to taste
- Salt, fish sauce, seasoning powder, pepper…
Ingredients for Washing Bones and Meat
- 500 ml of white wine, if you wash it many times, you can use more
- 200g of granulated salt should be crushed a little to make it easy to rub and not cut your hands
- 3-4 old ginger roots (crushed) should choose large ones, the older the better
- Fresh vermicelli
- Vegetables: fragrant cinnamon, shredded banana flower, bean sprouts…
- Onion, lemon, fresh chili
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Pork legs are shaved, ox tails are skinned, washed, and cut into pieces with the bones. Put everything in the wash with white wine, salt and crushed ginger, rub all over the surface to remove dirt and deodorize.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce with a little water, filter out the juice and marinate the legs and tail with beef.
- Onions, onions and lemongrass, you leave the skin on, wash, and bake until fragrant.
- Smash the lemongrass and bundle it into a bun, leaving a little chopped.
- Peeled onion, washed, half of it is sliced, the other half is thinly sliced and soaked with vinegar and sugar. Peel the pineapple, remove the eyes, and cut into long pieces.
- Pick herbs, wash and dry. Thinly sliced bananas soaked in water mixed with lemon/vinegar.
- Finely chopped scallions. Sliced fresh chili. Cut lemon into medium pieces.
Step 2: Cook Broth
- Put the bones, oxtail and pork leg, pineapple, onion, onion and lemongrass bunch into the pot, pour water to cover, cook on high heat until boiling, skim off the foam and lower the heat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce mixed with half a liter of water, bring to a boil, let it settle and then filter out the fish sauce to gradually add to the broth when simmering the meat.
- Simmer on a low flame for about 40-50 minutes, slowly add hot water, when the pork leg and ox tail start to soften, add the beef and cook until the ingredients are soft.
- Remove the beef and cut into thin slices. Beef springs and tails are taken out to cool. When eating, put them in a bowl and pour the broth.
- Grab the member’s crab cakes or scoop each piece into the broth.
- Season with extra chili peppers and seasoning if needed.
Step 3: Done
Put the vermicelli in a bowl, arrange the meat, spring rolls, oxtail, … and serve with the broth with raw vegetables and sour onions.