Vegetarian spring rolls use vegetarian ingredients that are completely frugal and healthy. It is a simple dish that many families love and choose to cook on family occasions. Join Yummyday to see two simple ways to make vegetarian spring rolls, conquering the whole family’s taste!
- Green bean rice paper: 1 pack
- Green beans: 50 grams
- Taro: 50 grams
- Potatoes: 50 grams
- Vermicelli: 1 small package
- Cassava root, carrot, tofu
- Spices: monosodium glutamate, ground pepper, sugar, cooking oil, vegetarian fish sauce…
Step 1. Preliminary Ingredients
- Carrots, cassava roots, taro, potatoes are washed, peeled and grated into long fibers. Put everything in a bowl of dilute salt water and soak for about 15 minutes. Finally, take out the rack to drain off the water.
- If you buy green beans with their shells on, soak them in a bowl of cool water, use your hands to crush the pods to separate them all and then take them out, only taking out the whole seeds. In this dish, you should buy ready-to-use shelled beans to save time. Wash it and put it in the steamer to cook. Puree out.
- Wood ear mushrooms soak in warm water for about 20 minutes to expand, then wash, cut the root with a knife, cut into long strands.
As long as it is soaked in warm water to soften and slightly expand, take it out and cut it into short pieces.
- Tofu in a bowl puree.
Step 2. Mix the Filling Mixture
Put carrots, cassava roots, taro, and shredded potatoes in the same bowl, add wood ear, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon seasoning, a little ground pepper and a little fish sauce, mix it all up. really evenly.
Step 3. Stir-fry the Filling Mixture
- Heat a little oil in a pan, then pour in the mixture, stir with your hands, constantly stirring until the mixture is soft and fragrant. It is recommended to stir-fry before rolling the rolls so that when frying it will be softer and easier to cook.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
Step 4. Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- Strip the mung bean rice paper on a cutting board or a clean surface, put a moderate amount of stir-fry filling, roll it gently by hand, but still make sure to roll firmly and fit the amount of filling.
- After rolling, brush a thin layer of cooking oil on the surface of each roll so that it doesn’t stick when frying
Step 5. Fried Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- Use a non-stick pan to fry. Pour in a decent amount of cooking oil so that when frying the patties are covered with oil, cooked evenly and golden in color. When the oil is hot, start to drop each roll in.
- When frying turn the sides occasionally.
- Prepare a plate, top with paper towels to absorb oil, when fried rolls are cooked, put them out there to absorb the oil first.
Step 6. Decorate and Enjoy the Food
At this time, take the rolls to another plate, decorate around with raw vegetables, lettuce, coriander, chili flowers, carrot flowers, … to make the dish look more attractive. Enjoy the vegetarian spring rolls while still hot, can be dipped with chili garlic fish sauce to enhance the taste.