- 1 cooked lobster tail, meat removed, thinly sliced, shells separate
- 50g dried shrimp (see note)
- 1 crushed lemongrass
- 3 lime leaves, thinly sliced, stem removed, finely chopped (see note)
- 3cm ginger, finely chopped
- 200g rice noodles
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mirin (see note)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon jaggery (see note) or brown sugar
- Lemon juice, cut wedge-shaped pieces of lemon to serve
- 2 long red peppers and 2 long green peppers, seeded, thinly sliced, added to serve
- 100g cowpeas (see caption) or peas cut into 5cm lengths, blanched
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves (see note), to serve.
Pho 777 Aurora is serving delicious Shrimp Noodle Soup – Phở Tôm. If you love this dish, please Order Here. Welcome to Pho 777 Aurora!
- Step 1: Place shrimp shells, dried shrimp, lemongrass and kaffir lime in a saucepan, pour 1.5L (6 cups) of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hourPut the ginger in the pot.
- Step 2: Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and divide into 6 serving bowls.
- Step 3: Filter the water and put it in a clean pot (pan) and cook on low heat, add coconut milk, mirin, fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice and chili to boil. Seasoning to taste.
- Step 4: Place the lobster meat and beans on top of the noodles, then scoop the broth into a bowl. Serve with basil, add chili and lemon.